Professor Aleksandar Ljubić, MD PhD is one of the most famous gynecologists in Serbia, whose expertise in the fields of reproductive medicine and high-risk pregnancies are known throughout the country, region, and the world. Over the past thirty years, he has successfully completed tens of thousands of IVFs, childbirths, and treatments of high-risk pregnancies.
He was educated at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade with postgraduate education in the USA, Japan, UK and Greece. For more than 25 years, he worked at Institute for gynecology and obstetrics, Clinical center of Serbia as a doctor, deputy director and director and at Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade as an assistant, associate professor and professor.
Professor Ljubić is also:
• Co-founder and the first CMO of the first Serbian private health platform, Medigroup
• Founder and the president of Serbian Society of ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology.
• Founder and a director of Serbian Ian Donald Inter-university school for medical ultrasound.
• Deputy Secretary-General of World Association for Perinatal Medicine.
• Board member of the Fetus as a patient society
• Associate member of International Academy of Perinatal Medicine
• Associate professor at DIU (Dubrovnik International University Libertas).
• Visiting professor at Weill Cornell Medical School, USA
• Forever Young Co-Founder and President
During his long career he was and still is in different positions:
• Secretary of the Section for Serbian Ultrasound medical society;
• Secretary of the SANU in the Inter-Parliamentary Committee for the Physiology of Human Reproduction;
• Secretary of the department for perinatal medicine of Serbian Medical Society
• Member of the Section for Gynecology and Obstetrics SLD;
• Secretary General of the Association of gynecologists and obstetricians of Yugoslavia;
• President of the Yugoslav Association for Ultrasound in Gynecology and Obstetrics;
• Member of FIGO Advisory Board;
• Founder and Director of Thomas Jefferson ultrasound centre, at the Clinical Center of Serbia;
• Vice President of the Republic Commission for Perinatal Medicine;
• President of the Republic Committee for In vitro Fertilization
• Deputy Secretary general of World Association for Perinatal Medicine
• Associate member International Academy of Perinatal Medicine
He was awarded a number of national and international awards:
• I Investigator Award – XIII Trophoblast conference (1992) Rochester, USA
• The Belgrade Science Award for Science (1993), Belgrade, Serbia
• Sir William Lilley Award (WAPM)
• Order of the Knights of the Private Health Sector, Association of Private Healthcare Institutions and Private Practices of Serbia (2020)
Recognition and gratitude from the national associations:
• Section for perinatal medicine Serbian Medical Society
• Section of obstetrics and gynecologist Serbian Medical Society
• Association for ultrasound in medicine
• Society of obstetrics and gynecologist of Yugoslavia
Professor Ljubić was, and still is editor and co-editor in several scientific magazines:
• The Ultrasound Review of Obstetrics and Gynecology
• Obstetrics and Gynecology communications
• Acta Infectologica Yugoslavica
• Research in Medicine
• Acta Medica Saliniana
• Donald School Journal of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
He was the lead investigator in 12 scientific projects, published more than 500 publications – In peer-reviewed magazines – 71 with Citation index – 507.
Professor Ljubić is a member of numerous associations, both nationally and internationally. He participated as a lecturer on a large number of international and domestic congresses, symposiums and meetings. He is the organizer of numerous Congresses and Conferences in the field of gynecology and perinatal medicine.
His main research areas are biotechnology in reproductive and perinatal medicine, regenerative medicine, assisted reproduction, minimally invasive reproductive surgery as well as tumor biology.
He is the pioneer in invasive ultrasound guided fetal procedures, direct maturation of fetal lungs, inventor of method of prenatal hearing screening (PHS) (Sovilj-Ljubic), non-surgical fibroids treatment, and advanced NOTES laparoscopic procedures.
He is the founder of SEGOVA program.